Current flows are 8886 CFS, water temp 38.4 degrees. Snowpack levels in the Bighorn and Wind River drainages remains at 145-190% above normal. The BOR has been working with the Bighorn River Alliance to evacuate much needed storage space in Yellowtail Reservoir. Hopefully they will be able to maintain flows below the 10,000 CFS mark. The trout are stacked up in any space there is slack water. Back channels, along the bank and any inside corners. Fishing has been excellent-nymphing only. Best success has been using Ultrachenille San Juan Worms, colors red or Fl Orange sizes 6-8 trailed by any crustacean pattern. Try a Bighorn Orange Scud, Firebead Ray Charles or Soft Hackled Sowbugs in colors of Pink or tan. Larger sizes 14-16 work the best. Be careful on the take outs and have a good trip!
- Bighorn river conditions and fishing report as of April 16, 2018
- Bighorn River Conditions and Fishing report as of April 6, 2018. Bighorn Fly and Tackle Shop
- Bighorn River conditions and Fishing report for March 29th, 2018
- Bighorn River conditions as of 8/12,2017
- Bighorn River Conditions as of July 24, 2017